Completed a short story ghostwriting gig

I spent the early hours of the morning mopping the house. With the pseudo-harmattan, there were ash remains on the verandah and it had found the way into the living room. After that, I showered and then tried to put on the writing cap. It didn’t flow. I had a deadline to meet and words didn’t want to come. It wasn’t even the main work. I wanted to do the outline so I could go on a stretch when I begin. It wasn’t until late in the afternoon that I told myself I’d just write. That’s when the fountain started flowing. It reminded me of what Stephen Kings said about amateur writers waiting for inspiration ‘while the rest of us get up and do the work.’


So, I wrote. It was a slow process. That’s quite understandable as I haven’t been writing fiction in a while. I believe I’ll pick up speed as I progress.


I want to get this posted before 12am.i might come back to add more content. 

So, I ended up writing 2500+ words today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One lie doesn't invalidated the truths of the past

There's nothing wrong with repetition